LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
HISTORY: Donated to the public by entrepreneur Andrew Carnegie, it was built from 1886 to 1890 on a design by John L. Smithmeyer and Paul J. Pelz . Romanesque Revival architecture on the US National Register of Historic Places
SIZE: 45,000 SF (approximate)
SCOPE: Survey & Document Existing Building.
PROCESS: Create multiple high definition scans of exterior, register to create complete shell. Create SLAM cloud of entire interior as well high def scans of select spaces. Register clouds to each other to create unified multi source cloud of entire building.
Utilize data to model entire building Revit
TECHNOLOGY: HDLS, SLAM, Tripod Mounted and Handheld Laser Range Finders. ReCap, Revit, SCENE, GeoSLAM.